Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Melancholy Feeling

I don't exactly know what it is but for the past month or so I am just not so happy. I can't figure out what it is. Do you want to know what I did during my week long break...???? NOTHING, thats right NOTHING I literally sat on my big booty (I know its big because one of my special ed students pointed to me and said BIG BOOTY!) and watched Law & Order marathon after marathon. I think I showered once and changed my clothes twice. ( don't judge me). And my poor husband was so nice and understanding and did not even complain once. (oh how I love him!). Then today began my solo teaching and you know what can you say BOMB! I don't even know why I plan because nothing ever goes according to plan, but I guess things worked themselves out and I gave a boring not so exciting lesson but I survived. On my ride home for lunch I figured out my melancholy feeling and what was bringing it on. I am graduating school and starting a new life, all I have known for the last 17/18 years of my life is school, and pretty soon that chapter of my life will be over and I am not quite sure how I feel about it , cuz I AM GOOD AT SCHOOL. Will I be good at my job? Will I be a good mom? What am I going to do after school? All these uncertainties have left me uncertain of myself. So here is to growing up and moving on!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh how i wish i was done with school! who knows, you can move on with your masters if you miss it so much, or you can just finish my program for me :)

kasey you are going to be a great mom, you have a good one that has been a good example to you. and it sounds like you already have everything else under control :)

Sandi said...

Wowza! You really are good at school, aren't you? You are good at whatever you try, you always have been, and so my dear, you will be great at whatever you go! LOVE LOVE that the sped kid told pointed out the big booty...haha so funny. Don't worry so much, life will come at ya, and you will handle it just fine. And Sarah dear- you are so sweet!!

Sandi said...

and that is supposed to say "whatever you DO" FYI

Anonymous said...

oh kasey. i'm so glad you figured out the sad feeling and your not still sad. change is hard. and hard to get used to.

you'll be the funnest teacher ever. and the funniest mom! i'm excited to see you as both...

love you kas.

Traci Butler said...

Hey Kasey! Are you coming to Snowflake for the holidays by chance?

If so will you email me your address?

tracibutler07@hotmail.com

Thanks :)