Monday, September 6, 2010

So Long Sweet Summer

I decided that today would be a good day for me to catch up on my blog, since my mom is always reminding my through facebook, phone calls, and text messages that she is sick and tired of seeing her face up on my blog. So here goes- its long filled with pictures and if you don't want to read through it I understand- so here is to you mother! enjoy.
JUNE
In June Suli and I got two super cute visitors! Mckayl and Michelle came to visit for the summer. We had so much fun going to:
  • Buddhist temples
  • eating shave ice, shrimp, acai bowls, and TEDS. (Mckayl and Michelle ate there pretty much everyday I do believe.)
  • we took trips to Waikiki and asked how much we cost
  • Went to PCC and night show almost every night
  • dances
  • movie marathons
  • a couple attempts at snorkeling (the water was murky every time),
  • collecting shells
  • tanning
  • surfing
  • Michelle's (my Michelle) wedding reception
  • Plus much much more
Mckayl and Michelle ready to playI guess we had an exhausting day-or we are just waking up-not sure
showing them the scenes
valley of the temples


Chinamans hat

not so thrilled they HAD to stay in Hawaii for the summer- they wanted to leave like two weeks into to trip.
Michelle and Palauni
Emma surprised us by flying from Florida to the reception!

JULY
on the 8th of July we left Hawaii and headed to California for Toa's (Suli's older sister) wedding. there were feasts, dances, and so many cousins, aunties, and uncles to get to know! It was great to meet everyone and party with them-and let me tell you Tongans know how to party- we got the cops called on us for being too loud. Oh and I got called the white girl the ENTIRE time I was there. ("shhhh there is a white girl asleep in your bed don't wake her up!!" Suli's little cousins telling their older brother I was passed out in his bed)
after the sealing I was freezing my but off *note the blue hoodie in the rest of the pics I had to buy it and wear it everyday because I was so cold.
Typical Suli Picture

Aunts, sisters, and cousins boogieing

Our SPRINT down the Golden Gate Bridge- It was raining and cold and us Hawaiians couldn't handle it. (Suli was quite disappointed that the Golden Gate Bridge was not Golden)



Later that night some of Suli's friends decided they wanted to show us the "real" San Fran. So about 11 pm we headed back to the city and did not return till the sun came up. I told ya Tongans know how to party!




We got to visit Snowflake for the 24 celebration-
We were busy playing softball, volleyball, rappelling, eating, swimming, riding horses and four wheelers( Suli squealed when we saw a chipmunk), painting, feeding missionaries, going to plays, rodeos and parades and catching up with loved ones- oh Snowflake you are so beautiful to me!






At the Rodeo: Grandma Me and my mom all matched aren't we so adorable. This was Friday night at the rodeo, we had to miss the one on Saturday because we were headed back home. We had so much fun I think Suli's favorite part is watching the bull riding, but my favorite part is watching for the weirdies with their super high do's and super tight pants!

AUGUST/SEPTEMBER
August: Kasey started Student teaching Suli started First term. we barely survived. We never saw each other and went to bed at 9:30. Got Addicted to 24 so on the weekends we lay around watching it all day we are now on season 3.

September:
Friday September 3 was my last day of work (I worked at PCC for 2 1/2 years), these are the AWESOME people I work with-they threw me a party it was a lot of fun.
Can you believe that today has been 3 years since I met, and fell madly in love with my hubby?

So as you can see we have been busy these last 3 months. I am trying to be better at blogging but please remember student teaching=NO LIFE. Happy Labor Day!

A special thanks to The Format and Mae for helping me get through this post!

5 comments:

Sandi said...

hooray for new posts!!! I am impressed you remembered all that stuff you did. you indeed had a busy summer! just a few more months and you will be a college graduate!!! that is the coolest thing ever- you did it!!!

kasey said...

yes and it only took me two hours of uploading pics and typing and reloading the page a million times- and I cant wait till I am done I am almost halfway done!

Misti and Stratton said...

Woohoo I am so happy that i got to see you this summer and so jelous that you are half done with student teaching :) but that is so awesome. I still want to come visit you and Suli someday that would soooooooo sweet. Well don't have to much fun student teaching!
Peace and Blessing
Misti

Anonymous said...

kasey dam my love! you are alive and i'm so happy to see it...

are you ready for my novel? good.

june: hawaii is amazing. i swear you've never done the same thing twice! you're lucky. and so fun to have summer visitors! i cant rememeber who, but someone told me mckayl and michelle hated it after two weeks. what the?!

july: you are the brownest (tannest) white girl i know, if it makes you feel any better. if i hit up a tongan party i'm sure i'd be the albino girl. and that picture of you a suli jumping is epic. epic! and i am for sure your hottest friend. (hahaha)

aug/sept: student teaching?! really?! you are so awesome. have you wanted to punch any kids in the face yet?

kasey kaufusi said...

Oh kate- yes indeed I am alive, I enjoyed your novel it is quite lovely! Yes I have wanted to punch a couple kids in the face but i have just learned to laugh at them. And I really wish you would come visit me, because we could have some epic jumping pictures together! Oh and by the way your blog is adorable, your dog is cute, and good luck on your marathon you are pretty much my hero for doing that!